Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Potting Bench

You know, when you like to plant flowers you need a "place." For some, it's on the porch or patio. For others, with more room, it's a garden shed. For me it's a potting bench. One Saturday in October about 4 years ago I came home from a flea market trip and found my wonderful husband in the garage building this much desired potting bench. October is my birthday month, and he told me he didn't know what to get for my birthday, but knew I had been wanting one and couldn't find the right one....so.....he took the pictures I had cut out trying to find what I wanted and he built the perfect potting bench! It has a top shelf, a bottom shelf, a drawer and a "sink" for potting soil. Not only is it functional, but it's CUTE! It holds pots, dirt, plant food, plant markers---well, it holds everything! I love, love, love my potting bench. What a special gift from a very special guy!

8 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I love your potting bench!! That was a very nice bday gift.!!! I also like old things in the garden and I collect things from the flea market. My brother also helps me out by rescuing things from his local recycle place too!

Anonymous said...

That's a nice-looking potting bench and a very sweet present from a thoughtful guy. Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

I remember when Dad was in the garage slaving over that all day one Saturday. And I remember how happy and surprised you were when you saw it. What a great memory for me to have!

JenningsJunk said...

How thoughtful and how talented. This looks so comfortable and handy.

Meadowview Thymes said...

Jen, I know you have lots of those great memories of your Dad building things. Remember "the log!"

Meadowview Thymes said...

Cindee--glad you liked the potting bench. Isn't it fun to find all kinds of things to use in the garden at flea markets! You never know what treasure will be around the next corner!

Meadowview Thymes said...

Pam--thanks for stopping by! And you are right. I am very lucky to have such a thoughtful guy!

tina said...

Yes, a very special bench from a special guy! Lucky you!