Monday, May 12, 2008

Amaryllis


This beauty only blooms once a year, but oh how gorgeous it is for the one and only show! This is a pass-a-long from my Mother I got a few years ago. I had no idea where I would put it, and just stuck it in a bed along side the garage---and forgot about it. Every spring I watch as it turns from a neglected stem to beautiful flowers. I have about 5 or 6 blooms this year. The number of flowers varies some, but the splendor is constant. What a nice sight after a long day!

2 comments:

JenningsJunk said...

Beautifuly flower!!! Ok, I'm seeing a RED trend here...other than the BLUEbonnets :-)

Meadowview Thymes said...

You are right! I LOVE red flowers, especialy mixed in with yellow. Of course spring wouldn't be spring without BLUEbonnets, but there are red poppies mixed in with them!