Wednesday, November 12, 2008

An Award!

Barbee at Barbee's Blog has graciously given me the "Uber" award! Wow! Let me tell you how honored I feel to be given this award from Barbee (Barbara). When I joined Blotanical, I had no idea how to navigate around and set up favorites. Barbara was one of the first to welcome me and offer any assistance, and boy did I take her up on that offer! She spent an entire afternoon walking me through several things. Barbara, I will never forget your kindness! So, you can see how special it is for me to receive this award from her.

"UBER" is an acronym for 'U've Been Excellently Rewarded'. UBER is a synonym of Super. The 'UBER amazing Blog Award' is given to sites that:



1. inspire you
2. make you smile and laugh
3. or maybe give amazing information
4. a great read
5. has an amazing design
6. and any other reasons you can think of that makes them UBER amazing!



I'm not sure how deserving I am once I read these requirements, but I am so honored. Thank you very much Barbara!



I am allowed to pass this award on..which is a hard assignment as so many bloggers do not accept awards.



The Perennial Garden Lover - everyone knows and loves Racquel's blog. It is pretty, informative, and Racquel has got to be the nicest person in the world. She is a friend to all bloggers. Racquel, you are so deserving of an award of this nature!



Digging in the Dirt - Susie's blog is wonderful. Susie works at a garden center so you can imagine how informative it is. Her pictures are fantastic, the music playing in the background adds just the right touch. Susie, your blog is always such a blessing to me, you are very deserving of this award.



The next 3 choices of mine are bloggers that may not accept awards. I understand and accept their wishes, but I would like to mention their blogs and let you know how great I think they are:


In the Garden - This blog has 3 contributors, all with beautiful gardens. This blog is filled with so much information and so many good pictures--I cannot recommend it enough to you. Tina has become a real good "blogging' friend" of mine.



View From The Pines - Brenda's blog will put a smile on your face with her wonderful insights and antidotes about gardening and living in East Texas. She takes wonderful pictures of the beautiful countryside. I always look forward to visiting Brenda!



Aunt Debbi's Garden - Debbi is a Master Gardener and grows everything. She has great information, great pictures, and the best stories about life you'll read! This is another "put a smile on your face" blogs.



Barbara, thank you again for such a special award. You made my day!

10 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

You are so sweet. Yes, thank you for that! I do not put awards on my blog, but I certainly accept the compliments and appreciate them! I so enjoy visiting you each day!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Awww..how sweet are you! Thanks Linda for the award & for the nice compliments too. :)

tina said...

Congrats Linda and well deserved! Especially a high honor coming from Barbie for sure. And thank you so much for your nice words about our blog, very much appreciated! And I think one day we will become real life friends too-and look how much we have in common from our blogging friendship! I so enjoy talking with you each day!

tina said...

I forgot to say-as I always forget something:( Congrats to all awardees-all well deserving!

Meadowview Thymes said...

Brenda-I didn't think you did awards, but wanted you to know how much I love your blog!


You are very welcome Racquel! You know how I love your blog! :)

Thanks Tina. And you are welcome--I can't say enough about how wonderful I think your blog is.
I agree--we will meet someday. I look forward to it! :)

tina said...

I just have to say you are just too awesome! What a nice comment to Brenda.

Susie said...

Meadowview-Conversing/meeting people like you is what keeps me blogging. I have been fortunate to meet many wonderful people that without this technology I would never have met. Your nice compliments touched me deeply. I want you to know that I enjoy every bit as much of your blog. Thanks for the award but mostly thank you for your friendship.

Meadowview Thymes said...

Oh Susie--thank you for such kind words. And I agree with you about blogging friends! They are the best!
Happy Gardening!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Congratulations it is well deserved. Thank you so much for thinking of me and the sweet compliments.

Meadowview Thymes said...

You are welcome Debbi! You have a wonderful blog!