Monday, July 4, 2011

Bringing flowers inside

I love to bring flowers inside my home. One of the best and longest lasting flowers is rudbeckia (Back-eyed Susans) which also happens to be my favorite summer flower! These happy yellow flowers have just now started to bloom so I am out every morning finding a few to cut. I am always on the hunt for a unique container to hold flowers and when I saw this wine caddy given to me by a very dear friend (holding no wine at this time!), I decided it would be perfect for the cut rudbeckias.
I found 6 clear glasses that fit perfectly in the openings. I picked a few Susans for each glass. It looked great, but I decided that some zinnias would make it even prettier. For texture I cut a few Copper Canyon daisies (that are fall bloomers) and tucked them in the middle. Ohhh, I love that spicy scent! I was really pleased with the results!
The flowers look really good on the sofa table in the family room. I should have some kind of cut flower for several more weeks, so hopefully the caddy will stay full of color--well, until it's time to bring out the pumpkins! : )

7 comments:

JenningsJunk said...

Super clever of you and the flowers look WONDERFUL in the wine caddy!!! Bringing them indoors is a great way to enjoy them comfortably as the temperatures rise outside.

Meadowview Thymes said...

JJ--my very good friend brought that wine caddy to me (with wine in it!) to my retirement party last year! No one ever knew--hee/hee!!

Lola said...

Your flowers look marvelous. I love the "vase".
Sitting here watching the fireworks on TV that is going on in J'ville. Burn ban around here so no fireworks.
Hope you had a marvelous 4th.

Meadowview Thymes said...

Glad you like the "vase" Lola! I am watching the Boston Pops fireworks. Sure would like to see that one in person one of these days!

Anonymous said...

Your flowers look great in that carrier! I am bad about bringing flowers into the house, I rarely do. I can't bear to cut them. LOL

Meadowview Thymes said...

Robin--I understand what you mean, but I think the difference is that you can still enjoy them outside and it has gotten so hot here--we can only stand to go out and water them! (it was 106 one day last week!) : )

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well with you Linda, I love your pretty arrangement. :)