Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Garden Tour AND a Pond Tour!


Saturday was the Dallas Water Wise Garden Tour. I took my Mother to several beautiful gardens. The first was the home of the sweet lady that gave me the ground ivy that surrounds the pond. She has a shade garden originally designed by Sally Wasowski, author of Native Texas Plants.


This is a scarecrow from her garden.











We continued on to several Xeriscape Gardens, each with a different personality. We saw lots of cacti, saliva, and drought tolerant perennials. There were Master Gardeners at the homes to answer questions, but I love to find the home owners there and compare notes with them on what works and what doesn't.










This Russian Sage was in "Dale's Garden" which is in the median as you enter
the neighbor-
hood.
This garden is dedicated to the memory of the man that started the Xeriscape gardening here in this East Dallas area. This garden was absolutely gorgeous!











We saw city chicks.....















...and we saw bees! This was at the last stop on our morning adventure. I knew I wore Mother out..and I had ponds to see.! More pictures from that tour next time.

4 comments:

JenningsJunk said...

How very cool - thanks for sharing your tour. I'm looking forward to more pics and tour info!

misterreereeder said...

Another great weekend. That is how to end the week (and start the next one). Brings to mind the phrase about the kids having sugarplums in their dreams(?). I think I KNOW what you must dream.

SUNRISE IN SACHSE said...

Hey, happy to know you got new babies! You brought a tear to my eyes reading about your experience.
Looks like you had a busy weekend.

Visit my new blog when you get a chance....

SUNRISE IN SACHSE said...

Loved your pic's. I am so happy you got new babies....