Sunday, August 3, 2008

Meet Allie!

We went to Lubbock on Friday and packed up my youngest son to move him back to Dallas. He has graduated from law school, taken the BAR, and is now taking a much deserved three week vacation to Australia! So....for the next three weeks we will have a house guest.

Meet Allie...our grand dog. She is a one year old Golden Retriever. She is pretty excited to be here.


She likes our backyard even if it is small, but much prefers the front yard with more room to run.












She promises to be a good girl while we are at work and take a nap on the cool kitchen floor.

I'm sure she would love to help me water the plants, feed the fish and deadhead flowers! As long as she has time to chase birds and squirrels.

She brought lots of toys to play with so we are going to have a good time these next three weeks with Allie Girl!

10 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Granddogs are so fun(-: I have mine here this weekend. (-: I love him to pieces but am also glad when his mommy picks him up(-: I raised him from a puppy while his mommy worked so he is use to us when he comes to stay. He does miss his mommy and daddy a little though...(-:
I bet Allie will have a great three weeks at your house!!!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable and look at that intelligent look in her eye! ;) I hope grandma doesn't spoil her too much while her Daddy is gone. lol Now you will get some enjoyable pet time like me. :)

Susie said...

That Allie is adorable. She is so cute! Congratulations to your son graduating law school. What a big achievement.

I'm envious that you got to see John Denver. What fantastic memories you must have. He really was a great writer/musician.

JenningsJunk said...

Welcome Allie!! You're going to have the best time :-) I look forward to hearing more about your visit.

Meadowview Thymes said...

Thanks everyone for the comments on Allie.
I call her my "sweet pea" and she is indeed sweet! We haven't had a dog since our dog Jake died about 3years ago, so it will be nice to have a friend around again.

walk2write said...

We have a granddog, living in Florida with our son and his family. When we had our business in Kentucky and our son moved with us to Florida, guess who got to walk the dog at least two times a day? I have to admit that I got a lot of benefit from all the exercise and got to know the neighbors a lot better. It's funny how people will stop what they are doing outside and talk to you if they see you with your pet. Dogs are just natural ice-breakers. Your granddog looks pretty happy to be visiting his grandparents.

Meadowview Thymes said...

walk2write, hi! Thanks for visiting! My guess would be YOU! I hope to walk Allie, but I am thinking Allie might walk me! She is so sweet. I wonder if she will really miss her daddy though. Being in school, he is with her some during the day. I plan on coming home at lunch to keep her company.

Barbee' said...

Don't goldens have the sweetest faces! We have our second golden granddog... and his name is Jake!

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how adorable Allie is!! Give her a big hug and kiss from me, Libby, Linda and Laura.....and a small growl from the always jealous Cocoa Chanel No.5, Roscoe, Domino and Mocha Latte!!

Kim

Meadowview Thymes said...

Gee Kim, I don't know how you handle 4 dogs!! I bet Allie would love to play with them!